You are planning on selling probably your single biggest asset and perhaps moving up or moving into something manageable, either way, you want to get the most for your house.
1. First of all you need to know what is your house worth.
2. Declutter - I am sure you have lots that you have accumulated over the years that you can get rid off. Perhaps a garage sale
3. A REALTOR - Do yourself a favour and choose a REALTOR who does it, perhaps full time, for a living. Guaranteed REALTORs sell more houses than you ever will and the commission is worth it. For every $1000 that a REALTOR will get extra for your house, you get to keep $950 and the REALTOR only takes $50. Even that is split in to two (for the listing and the selling REALTOR).
4. Depersonalize your home - It is simple to do. It should look like a hotel room.
5. Motivation - Do you really need to sell or want to sell? If yes, then do everything accordingly including pricing it at the optimum price.
Jagdeep Singh, B. Arch.
Real Estate Broker
Direct Tel: 647-287-4644
Direct Fax: 866-450-9199
Formally educated as an Architect, Jagdeep Singh is Toronto REALTOR™ consulting on both resale real estate and new developments. Powerful Local Focus on Real Estate with a Global Perspective™
This post is for information purposes only. Though effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the contents, the reader is advised to verify the information independently. This post may contain contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. The reader is not allowed to reproduce it in any medium without the author’s prior written permission. Jagdeep Singh is a broker with Century 21 Heritage Group Ltd., brokerage (416) 798-7133 which is independently owned and operated. This message is not intended to solicit parties currently under contract.